Skip to main content

Why Meghan and Harry Should Never Renew Their Vows

 
Is it bad luck to renew one's wedding vows? It will be for Harry and Meghan


Well, let me be more precise with this one: if Meghan and Harry ever feel like they want to renew their vows, I think they should do it very, very, privately where it is just them and the witness who knows about it. And if possible, they should not even have a witness. Unless maybe the Duchess' mother Doria can do it.

Why do I say that? Well, fundamentally, as a former divorce lawyer, I can tell you that a lot of people renew their vows right before they contact the divorce attorney. It is a very weird phenomenon and I have concluded that renewing vows is bad luck. Especially if it is publicly divulged.

Just like Meghan and Harry had their secret ceremony with the Archbishop of Canterbury, if they ever feel like they need to renew their vows, they should do it in secret. It should be just between them, as they stare into each other's eyes, and hold each other's hands. No one else should be privy to this private event.

So, why is it bad luck? I just don't know. I really don't know. I only know that it is bad luck when everyone is aware that there is this vow renewal. Sure, some people get away with it and the marriage becomes stronger but for most people, it leads inexorably to divorce.

Don't do it, Meghan and Harry, and if you do, don't tell ANYBODY.

image credit flickr creative commons license


SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL



Comments