Skip to main content

Meghan Markle Podcast Archetypes - October 4 2022

Where was Meghan's podcast Archetypes ranked on Spotify this week?

 This week, Meghan explored Asian American stereotypes in her podcast Archetypes. She had an impressive lineup of guests including Lisa Ling, the former cohost on the View.  Lucy spoke about how she is often the only Asian in the room at many high-powered events but she sounds a lot like Meghan in the sense that she sounds like a very confident young woman. I don't think she has ever let her Asianness stop her or limit her in any way in life. She still goes out there and gets what she wants. Meghan strikes me the same way. It never occurred to her that having a quote-end-quote "black" mother meant that she somehow had to get into a 4X4 box and ask permission to breathe.

Now, as far as the ranking of this episode, I personally have no idea. I must confess that Meghan's podcast is the first one I have bothered to listen to - ever. And I have no idea how Spotify works or how it ranks podcasts. I did read that Archetypes was the #1 podcast on Spotify for two weeks in a row when it debuted. It dethroned a popular podcast by a guy named....I wanna say Joe Rogan? Don't quote me. And don't tell anyone that I have no idea who the heck that is.


But this week I don't know what the stats are. What I do know is that Meghan chooses very intelligent subjects for her work. Do I prefer that she just leaves the whole thing alone and be out of their line of attack for a good year or two? Yes. In her place, I would. But I am not in her place for a reason. She can take the heat. She is strong, beautiful, and resilient. She does not give a crap what these haters say about her. She is going to keep going. That is why she is where she is. And good for her. Good for Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.


#weloveyoumeghan

image credit flickr creative commons

NEXT: Harry's Book Harry's Book is Expected to be a Blockbuster But Will It Deliver on the Hype? (meghanandharryadvisors.blogspot.com)

Comments